Wednesday, December 17, 2008

A Rhombus of Corruption and Incompetence

I pay an enormous amount of property taxes. Way more than you do, unless you live next door to me, and if you do live next door to me, do me a favor and put your stupid little dog on a leash so it will stop crapping on my lawn.

I live in a county that has had the same Freeholders for twenty years. To those of you who live in normal states, Freeholders collect property taxes, make speeches and have something to do with the road department. The Freeholders in my county have a Public Affairs Department. On Monday my county's Public Affairs Department sent out a press release with the following items: wash your hands after you go to the bathroom (20% of us don't {and you know who you are [I added that part]}); Halloween can be scary for pets; and visit Ocean County, it is a nice place. The budget for the Public Affairs Department is $1.2 million a year. Neighboring Monmouth County, which has 100,000 more residents and a ton more McMansions owned by people who have now found out they're not as rich as they wanted their neighbors to think, has a Public Affairs Department with an annual budget of $362,000. Two of our illustrious Freeholders are Joe Vicari who has more government jobs than a Chicago ward chairman, and Jack Kelley, who seems to be unemployable outside the public sector. I pick on these two specifically because I campaigned for them in the early 1990's and I am insulted in the extreme that my time and talent went to elect such utter fools.

There is a county road by my house that has been the scene of three fatal accidents totaling eight fatalities in the past two years. The county claims it doesn't have the money to fix the road so they threw some signs up after fatality number eight in November.

If you voted for these arrogant cretins in the past fifteen years because they are Republican, and you are Republican, and Republicans stand for small government and fiscal responsibility, and Hooray For Republicans, you should be as ashamed of yourself as I am of them.

No comments: