Friday, December 19, 2008

TWIR - Unspecial Edition

Next week we begin the highly anticipated Year In Review. I can't wait to see what I think of everything that happened in 2008. I'm sure I will be amazed.

1. Last Saturday I suffered a near season-ending Christmas shopping injury as I threw my ever-precarious broken back out. The Ops Director where I work bought me one of those Lazy-Person-Squeeze-The-Trigger-And-Pick-Crap-Up-From-The-Floor Things (LPSTTAPCUFTFT). It was meant as a joke but I actually use it because I tend to drop things alot.

2. I can't wait for this Recession/Deflation/Depression thing to be over so we can get back to worrying about Global Warming and Britney Spears again instead of actually having to think about things like our future and our finances.

3. The "It's Okay to Wish Me A Merry Christmas" buttons were a smash hit. If we still are all celebrating Christmas next year I will make more buttons.

4. Wall-to-wall coverage last night of the Big Storm that hit us today. I have two words for the skeezlebutts on my television - It Rained. I wonder what else they get wrong on a regular basis.

5. Dean Martin is creepy. I think his creepy factor has increased post-death. Every time he sings that "Baby it's cold outside thing," or calls Rudolph "Rudy" I get those special chills reserved only for those of us who are in the know. If you don't know what I am talking about - don't ask.

6. I'm thinking of renaming The Blog "The Semi-Coherent Rantings of a Middle-Aged Malcontent" but I really hope I don't live until 98, because I can't imagine how crotchety I'll be at that age.

No comments: