Monday, July 21, 2008

While I'm At It

The other day I thought of an old friend I haven't seen in longer than I care to admit. My mind is cloudy but it had something to do with a ZZ Top concert, his girlfriend and his girlfriend's sister. I was in 10th grade he was a senior, and I think I was put to work entertaining the boring sister so these two could go out. Well, there's more to the story than I am going to put in print, but suffice to say I got to drive his GTO part way home from Asbury Park. All-in-all a good night.

Well, today this guy asks me what my name is. And any time someone asks my name I assume only bad can come from it. Like certain unnamed persons trying to siphon more money out of me or maybe some guy I tailgated while he farted around in the left lane turned out to be a Howell cop. I mean, well...Not this time! It was this old friend. I know! It seems like maybe I'm making this all up.

But I'm not. I aged a bit better than he did, but he owns an ice cream store, so I guess it was a tie.

No comments: