Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Andy Rooney Wednesday


I don't have a cow suit, but if I did, you can bet I wouldn't urinate on my neighbor's porch and run around tormenting children in my neighborhood.

I wonder if the guys and girls in the Senate ever dress in cow suits and run around tormenting their junior partners in the House? I bet they do, but they keep it secret.

How about that moose in the Alcee Hastings story? He has a nice smile.

Last week we were told Congress had 72 hours to pass a bailout bill. That was 144 hours ago. So far, no bill and no meltdown. D'ya think Libertarians are right when they say the government only screws things up and really doesn't help? I think they are.

I like John McCain. He's old like I am but he has much better kept eyebrows than me.

Barack America's wife Cybil, or Cheryl, or Candy, or whatever her name is, I can't remember, seems to be smiling a lot more lately. Do you think someone told her to smile more? I do.

I saw George Bush Sr. and Geraldine Ferraro on TV this morning. They make a cute couple. D'ya remember how scared we all were in 1984 that Mondale would win and Ms. Ferraro would be next-in-line for the Big Job? I do. In fact, I am reminded of that today when I see Sarah Palin. The only difference is it's the Libs who are scared now. That's funny isn't it?

It occurs to me that Liberals are always telling us to conserve something. That conservation is good. But I've noticed that Liberals always dislike Conservatives. That's funny, to me.

No comments: