Thursday, October 30, 2008

Andy Rooney Thursday

I heard about a new disease today. I like to hear about new diseases. You might say I collect them. This disease is called phonagnosia and it's the inability to recognize voices that should be familiar to you. The woman in the story could only recognize Sean Connery's voice. I thought about that, and if I could recognize only one voice I want it to be Eva Gabor.

I watched Obama on TV last night. I was dismayed to see that according to our next President, this is a country where only suffering exists and failed people live. Or is it that Obama would like us to believe that so we will depend on him? Maybe he doesn't like people who work hard - get off their asses so to speak instead of whining about a problem or lying in bed moaning about it, because they won't vote for him.

The Phillies won the World Series last night. Good for them. I like the Phillies. They all have nice facial hair and I think most of them use hair gel. Why is it called the World Series though? Did Namibia have a team entered in the Series? Burkina Faso? I think not. Maybe they should call it the American Series instead.

I like Diet Pepsi better than Diet Coke, but I'll drink Diet Coke if no Diet Pepsi is around. I noticed women like to drink Dr. Pepper. I think it's the flavor, but I can't be sure.

Don't forget to vote on Tuesday for the candidate of my choice.

No comments: