Saturday, October 11, 2008

TWIR - RIP JACKASS WEEK

Well, until next time.

Anyway, what kind of Jackass would suspend Jackass Week, or any other similar campaign just because there's an emergency somewhere he can do nothing about except maybe get some press so he can fool gullible people? If I was running for President and I suspended Jackass Week I would hope you people would question my sanity.

Contrary to statements made earlier this week, I will not vote for Barack America. I will take some Imodium, put a clothespin on my nose, wear latex gloves and vote for John McCain. McCain is going to lose anyway, so at least I will be able to complain loudly when Barack America proves himself inept.

There is no winner this time around because Jackass Week was suspended, but here's a few random, somewhat Jackass related thoughts...

Physicists posit that gravity is am extremely weak force. I fell through a ceiling once doing an attic cable run. The board I was standing on was weak, gravity was not. I have the scars to prove it.

Crazy, scared, naive investors are causing the Dow and other markets to plummet, nothing else. Once everyone gets over themselves, the Dow will turn around. Wall Street people were already somewhat positive as they left for the weekend yesterday.

I don't care what happens to Big Auto, any of them. Sell cars people can afford, and then sell cars people want. If people want to spend $50,000 on a car I say fair play to them, but how short-sighted is it to push all facets of the market in that direction? Tough, say I.

I don't care what happens to banks that over-extend themselves, much like I don't care about people who take when the taking is good never expecting that give-back time is right around the corner. The markets regulate themselves, even if it hurts sometimes. Government only screws things up for the long haul. Think if you had gangrene...the government's solution is Iodine on the wound so you don't hurt so bad and still like them. You all know what the other solution is...

If The People are in the business of giving credit and they start getting hungry and their wives get mad at them because they bring home dinky little paychecks that remind their wives of other mistakes they've made, The People will figure out a way to give credit.

Likewise every other way The People make money. Let the markets drop the bad fruit and caress the good. As long as The People like food and warmth and an occasional Coors Light, The People will figure it out.

No comments: