Monday, October 20, 2008

Lucky Bastards! Oulsham Has More To Say.

Way back a long time ago I wrote something brilliant and I tried to find it but I really didn't want to spend all night proving my brilliance when I am quite sure of its existence.

Anyway, I said in February or March that a Barack America presidency would be preferable to a John McCain presidency because of the tendency in this country to vote opposite the Executive branch's party at the midterms.

McCain is not a Conservative, and he is barely a Country Club Republican. At the midterm we will get a Liberal Congress which means McCain, who is like 2 degrees to the right of Barack America, will have unchecked policy instigation. Barack America however will get a Conservative Congress at the midterm which will effectively shut his 2 degrees to the Left of McCain policy initiatives down completely.

Look, I think both candidates are horrible because I don't believe what they believe, I do not however buy into the fear-mongering Right Wing in this country who thinks they can win an election because of someones last name. Barack Hussein America is not going to lead the country to Sharia Law so get a grip and loosen your Depends. Sometimes people get stuck with really horrible middle names. I seriously knew someone who's middle name was Matilda.

As I struggle to vote for the best candidate out of two stinkers, I am forced to look at the big picture, and the big picture to me is the midterms in 2010. (Being a Saints fan, I learned from a young age to forget about the current season because it's lost forever and to look to the next season when we will win it all. Hope springs eternal in my heart.)

Still not an endorsement.

No comments: