Tuesday, August 12, 2008

The Olympics

The opening ceremonies were awe-inspiring, and I feel sorry for those of you who let your cynicism get in the way of enjoying a true spectacle. There certainly were a lot of people performing. I'll say.

I like that the French swimmer-dudes had to eat their words. Dopes. Really, seriously, why do we love it when we take it to the French?

Beach volleyball is the sport for me this time around, whether male or female.

Synchronized diving is beyond me, and quite frankly, the swimsuits the guys wear make me just a little uncomfortable. That's right I'm secure enough to admit when I'm a tad insecure.

The bike races through the mountains were fantastic, I think in large part because of the scenery.

Michael Phelps eats between 8,500 and 10,000 calories a day while he is training. Yikes.

Thank God for 1080i, because even if the sport is boring, the picture looks great.

No comments: