Friday, August 22, 2008

TWIR - Vacation Edition

Well, kids, I'll be on vacation until September 2.

1. The Olympics have been truly exciting to watch. Granted, the diving gets a little boring and I still don't get water polo, but I even found myself riveted to a badminton match. As usual the announcers got a little intrusive but for the most part they didn't exceed their expected levels on nincompoopery.

2. Yesterday at work a kid we fired went postal and threatened to kill me, the other manager and the new guy. He then ran through the parking lot like he was in some Chappell Show skit. As far as I know he spent last night in jail. I know somewhere in there there's something funny...

3. I hope Barama picks Joe Biden for his Veep. OMG, how funny will this fall be if we have Joe Biden in the news everyday? BTW, if he in fact picks Biden, I predict Barama will go down in history as the guy who was a worse presidential candidate than Michael Dukakis.

4. Did I mention that we're pretty sure this kid was serious?

5. Dear John McCain, Please pick either Bobby Jindall or Mitt Romney since you don't have the wisdom or the cajones to go after Steve Forbes or Michael Bloomberg.

6. We're leaving tonight at 11:00 PM. We will drive through with planned stops in Virginia, South Carolina and Georgia. Since I am driving with three women, I imagine we'll also stop in New Jersey, Delaware, Maryland, North Carolina and Florida. We'll get to Orlando around 5:00 tomorrow afternoon. I will eat Pemmican and drink Mountain Dew and listen to Miles Davis, Sinatra and Coltrane. I would have made an odd trucker.

See you in September.

No comments: