Friday, August 1, 2008

TWIR. Super Positivity Week & Happiness Parade

That wasn't so hard now was it. Kind of boring, but you have to admit it was uplifting in the manner of those overly religious happy people you meet who never seem to have a bad day and are always saying things like "great" and "golly" and "you're terrific."

I am declaring SPW&HP over NOW. Thank God.

1. I was in a meeting yesterday with a Big Kahuna and other Smallish Kahunas like myself. The Big Kahuna showed up late and was sweating. NBD say you, but, he had an off-the-shelf sport jacket on that didn't fit right. Because he was a BIG Kahuna his jacket needed to embrace him fully, which left his sleeves draping down to the knuckle on his thumb. Dude, go to a tailor. Regardless the size of the Kahuna, men, you must get your jackets tailored or people like me will not respect a thing you say. It's true.

2. The general public has body odor, coffee breath or an unfortunate combination of the two. I don't smell and I don't drink coffee. This separates me from the rest of the world apparently.

3. Don't be cowed into thinking the Republicans are playing the race card. As is typical with people like Barama, the only people mentioning race on the national stage are Barama's people. Might that be because they don't have anything else of substance to talk about so when they get their asses kicked in the fall they can cry foul? I think maybe.

4. I was talking with a guy this week who was from Long Island, or Staten Island, or Riker's Island, I'm not sure which. He kept pronouncing Barack's last name "Obomber." He wasn't doing it on purpose.

5. I am selling my motorcycle. I am sad about this, but I know three people who dropped their bikes in the past two months; each one required serious shoulder surgery. I have lost my nerve and that's pretty much a guarantee of road rash or worse.

6. I much prefer being around people who don't take themselves too seriously, know how to handle their liquor, are self-aware, listen mindfully instead of using the downtime to think of what they'll say next and have gotten their body odor under control.

7. Vacation in three weeks. We're driving. We're going to Florida. We like Disney World. We'll eat at Waffle Houses along the way. If gas is expensive we'll live. We leave at midnight because it's more fun to leave at midnight and drive through the night. We will insulate ourselves from the world using the mad sea of other vacationers as our buffering devices. Vacation is better than Christmas.

Have a nice weekend. I have to work on Saturday so I hope it rains.

No comments: