Friday, August 15, 2008

TWIR

This week's The Week In Review is brought to you by I'm Thinking Arby's Five For $5.95 Meal Deal.

1. When did volleyball become a sport for bad-asses? It won't be long before bikers and Allman Brothers fans throughout the country start streaming to volleyball matches. Seriously.

2. Yesterday I encountered the first full-blown heroin addict I'd been anywhere near in twenty-five years. He was so far gone he passed out standing up. It was incredibly sad on a number of different levels. Just pathetic and wasteful.

3. Hardball Chris Matthews is actually promo-ing his show by showing the hard-hitting questions he asked Barama. Interesting. Is there a sea change afoot? Barama looked none too happy, but hey, that's life in the big leagues.

4. Why do all the swimmers in the Olympics look so odd when they have their speedy little bathing caps on? Each one has the most peculiar moon-face, and then when they take the caps off, voila! they look normal. Might those caps be a bit too tight?

5. Speaking of oddness in the cranial area. I've said it before and I'll say it again, that thing on Bob Costas' head is fooling no one. Well, it might be fooling someone, but it's not fooling me. He's had the same boyish little bangs on his forehead for four years. I wish my actual head of hair could ever look the same from day-to-day.

6. Circuses scare me a little so I avoid them.

I have to work the entire weekend so I hope it rains. Have a nice week.

No comments: