Saturday, November 1, 2008

TWIR - Andy Rooney Edition

I lost my cell phone this week. It wasn't too long ago people didn't have cell phones. Now I don't have one. I kind of like not having to be connected to people every minute of the day, but I'm sure there are people who tried to get in touch with me this week who would have rathered I didn't lose my phone.

I need new brakes on my truck. I'm waiting until after the election to get them fixed. I, like millions of other Americans, are waiting for Barck Obama to get elected and fix all of our problems.

Do you think Barack Obama put too much pressure on himself to change things, since he ran on a message of changing everything, but changing things is difficult and not always necessary? I do.

I will not be surprised if John McCain wins on Tuesday. Americans have a way of talking big in public, but thinking carefully in private.

P.J. O'Rourke said Democrats believe in Santa Claus because he is nice, gives things away, and hardly expects anything in return. Republicans believe in God, because he is unpleasant alot of the time, expects us to do the right thing all the time, and only gives us what we earn. The big difference between the two is there is no Santa Claus. That's pretty clever, don't you think? I do.

This Andy Rooney bit is getting a bit worn out. Don't you think? I do. This will probably be the last Andy Rooney Edition of anything, at least for a while. Americans can rejoice in that.

No comments: