Thursday, April 3, 2008

I Wanted Lettuce On My Sandwich But Didn't Get Any

I ate lunch yesterday in a diner. I live in New Jersey, where else do you think I would eat lunch, Subway? Anyway there were two guys in the booth acrost from me (notice New Jersey spelling). One was about 45 and the other was about 46. From their appearance they both seemed to be fairly successful middle-management types. I would guess one worked for U-Haul and the other might have been a fertilizer salesman. I'm not sure. But the point is they were having a lively and in-depth discussion about American Idol. Who the favorites were, why they were the best, who was going home next, who the final two were. I found this odd. Two grown men talking about American Idol on their lunch breaks. Almost creepy in a way, like, don't these guys watch sports or clean hair out of drains or do, other, more "guy" stuff? What also surprised me was how wrong all of their opinions were.

No comments: