Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Two For Tuesday - Dark Lady

So the other day I'm driving on one of the ridiculous roads around here that has a traffic light every 1/2 mile - all timed to make sure you stop every 1/2 mile. Big deal Oulsham, you say, stop your whining. No, and here's why: there was this beat up Ford Aerostar driving next to me with Florida plates. The driver was a female early-old-age bingo-type. She had the windows opened and was smoking a storm as she blasted Cher's "Dark Lady" at full volume. She was living the gypsy dream.

Here's the thing: I have to listen to Cher sing "Dark Lady" every half mile if I want to open my window and get some air? Is that fair? When I listen to really bad songs I at least turn the radio down at traffic lights, not so much to be polite but God forbid someone should catch me listening to "Escape (The Pina Colada Song)" or "Fernando." I only keep the Kaiser Chiefs up loud at stop lights and I hardly listen to them.

No comments: