Thursday, April 17, 2008

Oulshamobile. Not As Crazy As You Think.

So I'm assuming they had metal detectors and what not at Nationals Field today for the Pope's Mass. And, when the Pope said the Mass he was standing out in the open, so safety was not an issue.

I ask you then, what's up with the Popemobile? He needs to be enclosed in the Popemobile while he drives around the field to greet the people? He looked like one of those sno-globe things you might bring back from your trip to the Vatican. WAIT A FREAKIN' MINUTE! Are you kidding me? I am so brilliant! I am going to make miniature Popemobiles and fill the part where the Pope sits with water and sno-globe things. I have had great ideas in the past, but this is so over-the-top even I can't believe it.

Lest those of you who are now up in arms start calling your lawyers, I am not making fun of anything but the very concept of an enclosed Anyonemobile in a place where safety is not an issue. Well, I'm also making fun of the tacky way this current Papal journey is being marketed. I really don't think Jesus was thinking trinkets to keep His Word fresh in our minds. The Mass was probably incredibly stirring and spiritually riveting and I would have loved to be there, but baseball jerseys and Pope bobbleheads? You're kidding me right?

No comments: