Wednesday, April 16, 2008

If You Can't Kill It Put It In A Cage

WARNING: Today's post is deep and not that funny. It mentions religion negatively. Reading further may cause your apple cart to fall over. You have been warned: I am about to get all philosophical on your heinies, so don't get mad at me if you read further and get mad at me.

Today's lesson: If your heart is your positive, your ego is your negative. Ying and yang. It never ceases to amaze me how much trouble egos cause. In fact, ego is tied for first with religion and the need for more natural resources as the cause of big trouble like wars and genocide, and it comes in first when it comes to divorce, addiction and embezzlement, among other human foibles. When your motives are out of whack - kill your ego. When you're feeling misplaced or out of sorts on your journey - kill your ego. Feeling sad, lonely, like life has let you down? Avoid the pharmacy and kill your ego instead. Unquenchable desire to smite your enemies? Yup. Obsessed with being right? Oh yeah. If you met the Buddha on the road would you kill him? Do you blame Jesus with a damnation every time something goes wrong? Seeing a pattern here?

But Oulsham, WTF? you say. What the hell is your problem? When last I heard you were doing fine. And now you're spewing crazy talk. Am I? Or am I so far out that you can't handle it? I am in a magnificent place and I'm just waiting for the oustide world to catch up. Lest anyone think that I, your favorite outhouse philosopher (as I have been called), am sending a message to anyone in particular you are thinking with your ego.

My job is to go out in the world and come back and report to you what I see. Have a nice day. Really, I mean it. Peace.

No comments: