Friday, September 5, 2008

TWIR - Extended Version

Let's get right at it...

1. I fell asleep during McCain's speech last night. That was altogether not unexpected. On a scale of captivating speakers, with Mr. DeLuca my 10th grade Geometry teacher at 0 and Hitler at 100, McCain is around 9. Barama is around 75.

2. I don't know about you, but the chants of "USA, USA, USA," whether they be at the Olympics or a political convention make me really uncomfortable. It all gets a little too Reichstag for me, but then again what the hell do I know?

3. Joe Klein (Time) admitted that the media is going after Palin because they are only just now part of the vetting process.

4. Barama was on The O'Reilly Factor last night. He was better than expected, but he's still a hack politician who can only stick to his talking points - regardless of the question. O'Reilly actually did the job a journalist is supposed to do without resorting to guerrilla questioning.

5. "Irregardless" is not a word. And while I'm at it, it's a "moot" point, not a "mute" point. And one more thing, it's "the whole kit and kaboodle" not "the whole kitten kaboodle." You're welcome.

6. I'm playing bass tomorrow night with an Allman Brothers tribute band. This should be fun as I'll be winging it for the most part - it's been a while since I played any of their songs and I was too lazy to practice this week.

7. I did a book signing in Detroit in 2004 and spent most of the day with Kwame Kilpatrick, who was then the new and promising mayor of that pitiful city. He was a really engaging, nice guy and I am really disappointed that he's now nothing more than a corrupt politician who belongs in jail, although unfortunately I guess I'm beyond being shocked anymore.

8. Be prepared for Oulsham to switch back over again to an unanonymous blog.

9. One of our dogs has whooping cough or tuberculosis or something, and quite frankly it's annoying. I mean, I'd actually feel bad if she was lying on the couch with a blanket and a rubber bone, but she's just doing her usual running around, except with this horrible phlegmatic cough.

10. Go Saints!

No comments: