Monday, June 2, 2008

Huzzah! It's Politics Week!

So people come up to me all the time and say, "Oulsham, what the hell is going on?" I tell them I have no idea. But that has nothing whatsoever to do with Politics Week!

First off for Politics Week! we need to establish some parameters. I am not a Republican. Personally, I think Republicans are for the most part buffoons. I am not a Democrat. Personally, I think most Democrats are brain damaged. That being said I have decided to no longer vote for any candidate that is part of this country's two-party political machine. You fool yourself if you think there is the slightest bit of difference between any of them. I lean toward Libertarianism, but frankly, the Libertarian party in this country can only find the most ridiculous candidates possible to run for any office on any level.

I hereby declare myself as an anarchist. "Oulsham!" you exclaim, "have you lost your mind?" Yes, but that has nothing to do with politics. Now, I'm not saying I am going to go around throwing Molotov Cocktails at the DMV, but what I am saying is our political system is broken - seriously broken. It will remain broken until the people who own it - that's you and me - actually get off of our intellectual asses and do something. And "do something" doesn't mean sending around lame, naive political jokes to everyone on your email list.

So, by not voting for the people I am expected to vote for by the people who are looking for my vote, I am saying, "you suck, and you are no different than the next candidate, so I am going to vote for someone who may be exactly as incompetent as you, but at least they have new ideas." Most people running for office will not understand what I have just said, but maybe if enough of you start to say it, we can once again have a government for and by the people.

No comments: