Wednesday, January 21, 2009

All You Zombies Show Your Faces

Cold-hearted, mean-spirited people who were unlikely moved in any way by Barack Obama's Inauguration yesterday:

1. Rush Limbaugh
2. My ex-wife
3. Sean Hannity
4. Mr. Potter (from A Wonderful Life in case you didn't get it)
5. Voldemort

Whoa, Oulsham, are you telling me you are a BASTARD now?

Well, there are some (see items #2 and #5) who might disagree, but no, I'm not really changing my stance at all.

Do I want Mr. Obama's programs to be passed wholesale? Absolutely not.

Will I continue to call Barack Obama Barack America? Absolutely.

After yesterday, do I think Obama is as leftist as I once did? No, which will cause agita amongst the leftists.

Do I think he might be the right leader at the right time for this country? It's very possible.

Do I believe he believes in the same America I believe in? Yes, with some small differences.

I was moved and enthused about the seamless way our country can do things it sets it's mind to. I wish Mr. Obama all the best regards I can muster and I truly hope he is guided to do the right thing for me, for you, for your family and mine. It's just that I hope and pray Mr. Obama realizes that sometimes doing the right thing is doing less than you think you should.

Tomorrow I will probably be back to my regular self, but for today, I say, this whole America thing is pretty damned cool.

No comments: