Thursday, January 29, 2009

Except For Football, Ford Does Have A Better Idea.

Apparently the people at Ford are better at running their car company than they are their football team. And isn't that a nice refreshing change?

Ford's losses were around $5 billion last year, but they are not (so far) asking for a bailout from me. I like this. I like this a lot. Chrysler and GM have both asked me for money, and apparently I gave it to them, even though I really didn't want to. I've given a lot of people money in the last six months. It seems like I am always giving somebody money and I'm starting to run out. I have lived a long life filled with people with their hands out, and maybe I'm starting to get just a teensie-weensie bit resentful.

So, I have decided that if you come to me for money, or maybe if you avoid me and ask my neighbors for money, I will not buy your products. This includes your crooked home loans, cars, and whatever else it is you think you can make but apparently aren't very good at. This also means I will become a customer of Ford exclusively because I want to support people who know how to make it on their own.

But, you were just saying last week that the car companies aren't totally at fault here, you might be saying. Yes, I did say that. But Ford understood the troubles in its market and worked within those parameters and the other noodniks didn't. It's that simple.

The people at GM and Chrysler might think they can sit on the couches of their shareholders and taxpayers like me and play Madden '09 and eat Fritos Flavor Twists forever and we'll bail them out without even making them make their beds, even though they're way older than they should be for this type of behavior. Eventually, everyone figures out that pity is best saved for those among us who truly deserve it.

No comments: