Tuesday, January 13, 2009

One Cold Foot

So this Roland Burris thing would be hysterical if it wasn't so symptomatic of the utter stupidity we Americans have allowed to take over our daily lives. First the Senate won't accept Burris, then they think he is articulate and presents himself well, (hell I was even offended by that patronizingly hidden racial attack and I don't offend easily), then the Senate welcomes him with open arms. And you people out there think the government is going to successfully protect your interests when it comes to the economy?

Our dogs like to pick up shoes when we come home and prance around the house with them. It makes them happy. They are idiots. Once in a while a dog escapes into the backyard with - more likely than not - one of my shoes. Dog #2, apparently offended by my stated desire to have the Particle Smasher Black Hole come up through my yard and pull him into it, took my left shoe and brought it to his favorite tree, where he left it for like three days. My left foot is unreasonably cold this morning.

Tommy, the moron dog, has failed to protect the warmth of my left foot through selfishness, negligence and an utter disregard for my personal safety and comfort. Tommy is not articulate and he presents himself rather poorly most of the time, therefore I guess he'll never get elected or appointed to the US Senate. But then again, Joe Biden is our Vice President.

Am I the only one paying attention?

No comments: